dnf versus yum

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 11:46:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> you can do that, i can do that
>>> the ordianry user - i doubt
>>
>> The "ordinary user" won't do "yum erase kernel" either, so that's moot
>
> and *why* does it help *you* no longer support the long years existing behavior?

I am not involved in dnf development at all but maybe they want to
have a clean code base without any hacks like this one?
And just because something existed for years does not mean it has to
be there forever (this one wasn't even documented at all).

> only because you did not know that it works instead put all kernels
> to uninstall explicit in the command line? have fun if you maintain
> more than 20 machines mixed of testing and production and after
> a few days you want them all at the same package level - currently
> it is one single command with zero danger

package-cleanup --oldkernels --count 1

does the same for you.