dnf versus yum

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 6 15:01:57 UTC 2014

Am 06.01.2014 14:06, schrieb Vít Ondruch:
> Also, I'd like to point out that "yum/dnf remove" by default shows what it is going to do and you have to
> explicitly confirm the action, isn't it enough? How much protection do you need?

to say it clear - *all* protection to avoid breaking the system
otherwise as example i would not have learned which packages can
be removed resulting in strip down some Fedora servers to 600 MB

what *never* must happen is that YUM or DNF are killing itself, rpm
or render the setup unbootable - period - there is *nothing* to discuss