dnf versus yum

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Mon Jan 6 17:20:14 UTC 2014

On 01/06/2014 05:42 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> It's a nice theory. Sure. It's not a tenable basis on which to operate
> in the real world of software. So if you want to argue that something
> doesn't exist, check whether it exists. If you only check the
> documentation, you're not checking the software, whatever your
> philosophy on documentation (and there are others besides yours).

Well, undocumented 'features' always create problems, see this thread
and protected packages in yum. As they are undocumented people argue
about them etc. Include them i the documentation, and everyone knows
about it.

Regarding 'real world'. Correct, that's why I wrote "...if they are not
documented, then it is a documentation bug.", and that's how it should
be treated.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>