Taskotron

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 18:15:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:36:08 -0500
Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 18:06 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > > What about including them in the RPMs themselves, in a new
> > > section similar to the existing %check -- or just in a standard
> > > file location (so no changes to RPM itself are needed
> > > immediately)?
> > >

> > Not sure how RPM fits here. For example, Ruby on Rails framework
> > consist of 8 basic packages and I'd like to be able to do some
> > basic integration test if any of this packages is rebuilt. This is
> > totally independent of RPM IMO.
>
> We are still very interested in having installed tests for the GNOME
> stack run in the Fedora context. See here:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/InstalledTests
> These tests also assume that they are running in a session on an
> installed system, not at build time in a build system.

I've had those in mind as a good candidate for early graphical checks
but as we don't have support for graphical tasks yet, we haven't
explored them much.

Long story short, getting those checks running on fedora and on rawhide
is on my todo list but at the moment, our priority is getting the base
system working and solid before we add any functionality beyond what
AutoQA is currently capable of.

Tim