Taskotron

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 08:39:58 UTC 2014

Dne 6.1.2014 19:47, Matthew Miller napsal(a):
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 11:04:39AM -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
>>> What about including them in the RPMs themselves, in a new section
>>> similar to the existing %check -- or just in a standard file location
>>> (so no changes to RPM itself are needed immediately)?
>> I'm not sure that I see how including more stuff than %check during
>> build is an advantage.
>> In my mind, %check is for running upstream's unit test suite at build
>> time, which is an appropriate and useful thing to do. However, I don't
>> think that running any functional or integration tests at build time is
>> the best approach. It just doesn't fit into what koji does and seems
>> like a dirty hack at best, asking for a world of hurt without
>> significant tangible benefit at worst.
> Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that they'd be run at build time, just that it
> might be nice to bundle them with the RPMs that they're supposed to apply
> to. This has some nice advantages in making them easy to find for anyone
> rpm-savvy, and makes it clear which tests match up to which code, without
> having to track that separately somehow.

Actually, I can imagine, that for testing Ruby on Rails/Gnome, I will
have "test-ruby-on-rails" RPM in dist gist, which in post install hook
will run the integration tests. This would allow us to leverage our
dist-git infrastructure and detach the integration tests from specific
RPM. On the other hand, we would probably need some dedicated tag in
Koji to avoid mixing the test cases with the rest of distribution.

Just thinking loud ... ;)

Vít