dnf versus yum

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 08:48:16 UTC 2014

Dne 6.1.2014 23:26, Chris Murphy napsal(a):
> Since "* remove kernel" appears to be inspecific, removing all kernels
> isn't what I'd expect. It's not how mv or cp or anything else would work.

So why not turn this around. In case somebody is doing "dnf remove
kernel" and dnf will figures out that there is more packages, then it
should fail and ask user to be more specific. That way dnf could behave
consistently and user would have to go with "dnf remove kernel*" to
explicitly specify, that (s)he wants to remove all kernels.

Vít