dnf versus yum

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 7 11:40:41 UTC 2014

Am 07.01.2014 12:06, schrieb Vít Ondruch:
> Dne 7.1.2014 11:34, Ian Malone napsal(a):
>> On 6 January 2014 13:06, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't even remember I ever needed "yum remove kernel". Does it mean that
>>> "yum remove kernel" should not work at all no matter if it leaves running
>>> kernel on the system or not? Or should it be completely prohibited? Why we
>>> keep 3 versions of kernel on the system anyway?
>>>
>> Is that last a real question?
>>

> More or less, but:
>
> * it is OT for this thread
> * I don't think discussion about this topic would bring anything new
>
> So you can safely ignore it ;)

off-topic or not
why?

because it happens from time to time that a new kernel refuses to
boot depending on the hardware and setup and from FC3 until now
it did not happen a single time that you could not move the cursor
down in the boot-menu, boot with the old installed kernel and
write a bugreport

without this option you can be sure that you lose most early
kernel testsers like me from one second to the next

is that answer enough?