Taskotron (was: Re: Unannounced ABI change without soname bump in libevdev-0.6 in Rawhide (and F19 and F20...) breaks GNOME, probably other consumers)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 7 15:47:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 10:30:07PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> The RPM spec file is a clearly defined thing that achieves a clearly
> defined set of functions. Overloading it with something that's really

Well, it's not so clear as all that, but, sure. And I wasn't really
suggesting that RPM become or include the integration framework, just that
having the tests bundled into the RPM might be handy.

> entirely different - an integration testing framework - seems
> inadvisable. Keeping the tasktron configuration in the same (or an
> associated) git repository seems to achieve the goal without putting
> stuff in spec files which isn't actually part of building a package.

Putting it in the same repo makes sense to me, because then you don't have
to worry about keeping tags in sync across the repos or otherwise introduce
a new versioning scheme. But I suppose we could have fedpkg handle all that.