dnf versus yum

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 9 15:53:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 16:03:06 +0100
Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc at redhat.com> wrote:

> And what would be the right way to decide? And please stay assured
> that this is not a trolling, I would really like to see some
> agreement in Fedora on how to decide these kind of things.

As we always have I think...

If the maintainer holds some position it's up to others to convince
them to change their position, hopefully by providing facts and
rational arguments.

If you can't convince them to your position, next you might try some
kind of compromise solution if you can think of one.

If they don't change their mind and someone feels this is some issue
that affects the entire distribution, they can ask FESCo to look into
the matter and mediate or override the maintainer. Note however that
FESCo very rarely overrides maintainers wishes.

kevin