Inter-WG coordination: Stable application runtimes

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Sat Jan 11 20:24:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> I say this as someone who's spent the last
> couple of weeks whacking on a PHPland stack (Owncloud) with a wrench to
> achieve precisely that.

For what it's worth, I read over the GitHub tickets, I think you're
headed in the right direction, and I appreciate the work you've done.

I think the key is that these sort of packaging efforts can't be done
over a Christmas vacation, or even an entire Summer of Code. For these
larger apps, it's just going to take years. A lot of gentle,
consistent help coming from our side, over a long time, makes the
difference.

- Ken