Firefox Gtk3 test package

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Jan 13 20:22:40 UTC 2014

On Seg, 2014-01-13 at 16:53 +0100, Martin Stransky wrote:
> On 01/13/2014 04:48 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> Ok, I'll rephrase.
> >>
> >> I'm interested but I have no idea how this is different from every
> >> other Firefox build that Fedora provides.  Could you elaborate on the
> >> change some and why it's being made?
> >
> > most likely to have a chance to get rid of gtk2 package which otherwise
> > you would need forever installed and loaded by using FF on GNOME3
> >

> Unfortunately that's not entirely true unless you want to run it without
> NPAPI plugin support. The recent solution links plugin-container to gtk2
> libraries to run flash and so (Java is not supported because it does not
> run OOP).
>
> When flash plugin is replaced by shumway [1] we can build FF as pure
> gtk3 app and emulate flash by JS.
>
> ma.
>
> [1] http://mozilla.github.io/shumway/

Hi,
we have several replaces for flash plugin , but none works reasonably
I'm talking about gnash , Lightspark and other that don't remember
this shumway could really replace flash plugin  ?

and if your work is based on official .spec , could you provide us the
diff (patch)  that you already made for this package .

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.