Grub installation. First potential Fedora killer

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 06:32:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 07:13 +0100, Jean François Martinez wrote:

> > A GUI program would not fix your problem. If os-prober isn't finding your CentOS install, a GUI boot manager wouldn't either. I suggest filing a bug and attaching the following;
> >

> In fact when run grub2-mkconfig then os-prober finds other Linux
> ionstallations.  It is the installer that does not finds them.
> Perhaops it does not run os-prober

It certainly does. (Well, it just runs grub2-mkconfig, with a perfectly
normal Fedora grub install. The installer really isn't doing anything
complex or 'different', here. It really just runs grub2-install,
writes /etc/default/grub , and runs grub2-mkconfig. It's like 20 lines
of code.)

>  or os-prober fails silently because
> it lacks some file it needs or because mount of other partitions fails
> when run under the installer.

This is possible.
--
Adam Williamson