Inter-WG coordination: Stable application runtimes

H. Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 14 11:12:23 UTC 2014

My apologies if you felt i misquoted you, i didn't intend that.

I do plenty of SaaS deployments at $DAYJOB, and i can easily pack hundreds
to thousands // running containers on a single machine.
Remember that Fedora is on the innovative side of the distro spectrum, yes
vhost is the present, but containers is the *future*.
Even the enterprise distro are betting their chips on containers (SLES and
Ubuntu have LXC commercial support, RHEL/Docker partnership, etc.)

As part of the Cloud WG, it's something we definitively want to support and
are looking on how we could leverage it (both this and Software Collections)

H.