When to add a new package to comps?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jan 14 20:39:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:06:37 +0000 (GMT)
Peter Oliver <lists.fedoraproject.org at mavit.org.uk> wrote:

> Step 13 of the New package process for existing contributors
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/New_package_process_for_existing_contributors)
> is to push packages to updates-testing.  Step 14 is to update comps.
>
> Do I first need to wait for the package to make it's way from
> updates-testing to updates, or can I go ahead and edit comps right
> away?

You should wait until it's in stable for all stable releases, and the
next day after you build (when it's been in a rawhide compose) for
rawhide.

You should also be very careful adding new packages to existing stable
releases. Typically people don't expect those groups to be changing
much.

kevin