EPEL 7 question

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Jan 16 14:38:12 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that EPEL 7 branches were created for several of my packages that
> have el6 branches, but not all of them. I didn't request them (yet) so I'm
> wondering, are some packages automatically added or did someone else request
> them as a dependency to one of their packages? I need to dig through my
> packages but I intend to maintain el7 branches of all of my packages that
> have el6 branches.

It's possible that these were some of the packages that you and I
share as dependencies of MythTV. I requested branches for a lot of my
packages on January 11th using Dennis' procedure with the wiki [1],
but I haven't gotten around to doing the builds in Koji yet. I'm
planning to do the builds by next week.

- Ken

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/epel-devel/2014-January/009027.html