Fedora 18 End of Life

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 16 16:33:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 05:24:04PM +0100, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > gesture to at least keep the source RPMs around.
> The thing is those copr repos will likely depend on EOLed Fedora
> repos. Do we keep *those* around? I guess the answer will be different
> for each mirror. Some will keep those repos for longer, some shorter.

We keep them forever, yes. Mirrors can do what they want, of course, but
many carry everything that we do on the main mirror. (This is less work than
figuring out what to carry, and it's not that much disk space in this day
and age.) Older releases stay in the main mirrors for some period of time
even after EOL, and then eventually are moved off to
https://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/, which as you see goes back
to Fedora Core 1.

Now, one thing we don't keep are all of the updates. I believe these are
actually retained internally in koji (although I think because we can, not
necessarily by policy), but they vanish from the repositories -- both mirror
network and archive -- so reproducing the exact build environment may be
difficult / annoying.