Fedora 18 End of Life

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 16 20:38:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:44:34AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > If someone else uses GPLed binaries from a COPR repo and fulfills
> > their source obligations by pointing to the repository we host, it's
> > technically their problem if our repository goes away, but it would
> > be a friendly gesture to at least keep the source RPMs around.
> s/uses/redistributes/ :)

Sorry, yes -- I meant use in that sense. :)

> If you are redistributing stuff from there, I would really hope you
> would also distribute or at least have a copy of the src.rpm.

Yep. But.... people often don't. In my experience, people are particularly
lax about binaries that they don't modify and just got from somewhere,
figuring that pointing back to where they got it will cover it.

I'm not saying this obligates us in any way, of course.