Firefox Gtk3 test package

Martin Stransky stransky at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 10:41:53 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 08:19 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Qui, 2014-01-16 at 12:47 +0100, Martin Stransky wrote:
>> New builds are available at copr [1]. Package firefox-gtk3-29.0-3
>> contains working NPAPI plugin support, so flash and other should work there.
>>
>> Please report any issue to bugzila (firefox component) and note it's the
>> gtk3 port.
>
> Hi,
> I use and like yum-plugin-tmprepo to install it
>
> yum
> --tmprepo=http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/stransky/FirefoxGtk3/fedora-20-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml install firefox-gtk3.x86_64 --nogpg
>
> we need uninstall firefox ?

No, you can install it along the existing Firefox package.

> but I can't startup firefox-gtk3 ends with Segmentation fault (core
> dumped) ,
> and abrt say: Retrace server is unable to process package
> 'firefox-gtk3-29.0-3.fc20.x86_64'.
>
> Checking for duplicates
> Creating a new bug
> fatal: RPC failed at server.  There is no component named 'firefox-gtk3'
> in the 'Fedora' product.
> ('report_Bugzilla' exited with 1)

I see. Please attach a backtrace to Bugzilla (firefox component), see
instructions at [1]. The "Running application in debugger" and "Obtain
crash stack trace". Don't forget to install firefox-gtk3-debuginfo
package too.

Thanks.
ma.

[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Debugging_guidelines_for_Mozilla_products#Running_application_in_debugger