Latest selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted update breaks RPM scriptlets execution

Rubin rubin at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 17 12:29:24 UTC 2014

Hi Fedora,

Just a quick note that the latest selinux-policy and
selinux-policy-targeted breaks RPM scriptlet execution (pre, post,
postun, etc).

I've verified this on two separate systems (my laptop, a desktop at
work). The versions causing this is:

0:3.12.1-116.fc20 (for both packages)

This is pretty serious in that it affects future updates (ie. after
installing these two, all future updates/installs of RPM packages will
either fail completely (verified with yum install pidgin) or fail in
subtler ways (yum remove gnome-tweak-tool, see %postun fail with exit
code 127)).

Note that I verified that this does not happen with the previous version
of selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted that I have (3.12.1-106.fc20).

Further: I have been gone from Fedora for many years, due to all kinds
of reasons. I just wanted to say: what an amazing piece of work you guys
are doing. My experience with Fedora 20 (this little snafu aside) can
only be described as awe inspiring happiness.

Kind regards,

Rubin!