Fedora 18 End of Life

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 17 19:06:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:51:57 -0500 (EST)
"David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler at dwheeler.com> wrote:

> Reproducing the exact build environment, when I tried to do it years
> ago, turned out to be practically impossible and not just "difficult".

There was a recent effort on this:
https://github.com/kholia/ReproducibleBuilds

> If that could be made easier, that'd be awesome.  Storage is cheap.

I'm afraid I have to disagree somewhat. ;)

Buying a 4TB off the shelf drive and slapping some data on it is cheap.

Keeping many TB of data around in a production env, where you do
backups, move things around, store on raid/netapp and keep forever is
less so. ;)

kevin