SELinux RPM scriplet issue annoucement

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 20 17:17:44 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 08:10:29PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> A simple "yum -y update ; reboot ; Oh, everything seems to work" has not
> been enough this time. And it was an update with a screen full of ticket
> numbers for the included bug-fixes/changes. It could have broken something
> else, too.

Once we have a better automation framework in place, we can have tests like:
install selinux update, reboot, install (special) test package version 1,
update to test package version 2. (In addition to a series of other things
that should work with selinux enabled.)

> Btw, some other packages are in the same boat. Imagine a graphics driver
> update "seems to work" for three testers that are required for a +3 vote
> in the updates system, but fails badly for a hundred other users once it
> appears in the stable updates repo.

That's a little harder, of course.