.spec file Source0 magic for github release source tarballs?

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 17:01:31 UTC 2014

Take, for example, https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/releases,
where there's a button for "Source code (tar.gz)" pointing at
https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/archive/V2.0.0.tar.gz

Note V2.0.0.tar.gz versus nfs-ganesha-2.0.0.tar.gz.

If I click on that link the downloaded file is named
nfs-ganesha-2.0.0.tar.gz by virtue of the Content-Disposition http header.

Likewise if I use `curl -L ...` the downloaded file is named
nfs-ganesha-2.0.0.tar.gz.

But for my nfs-ganesha.spec file, if I use the github link shown above,
I have to load a file V2.0.0.tar.gz into the look-aside cache. Anything
else and rpm and rpmlint whine.

Is there a best practice here that I'm missing?

Thanks,

--

Kaleb