Swig and -Werror=format-security

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:18:25 UTC 2014

Is anybody addressing the output of Swig WRT this problem? Our project
(Qpid) generates language bindings using Swig during the build process.
Our build is now failing on F21. For example:

/builddir/build/BUILD/qpid-0.24/cpp/bindings/qpid/ruby/rubyRUBY_wrap.cxx:2237:38:error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
             rb_raise(error, ex.what());

Has anybody addressed this issue with Swig? I brought this up when the
idea of -Werror=format-security was being floated and a bug filed again
qpid-cpp for this failure and even replied as such in the BZ [1].

[1] BZ#1037295

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/