SELinux RPM scriplet issue annoucement

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 19:43:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 05:01:24PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 17:00 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > >
> > > *nod* Sounds good to me.

> > > So many things at top priority. :) I know Luke Macken is actually actively
> > > working it.
> >
> > I know he is. He's been actively working on it for the said three-four
> > year period. Every FUDCon/Flock he tells me it's nearly done. ;)
> >
> > Not ragging Luke, but it rather seems like we need about six more of

Unfortunately, bodhi has not had dedicated full-time development
resources in a long time. Thankfully, I now have the cycles to put into
new features, such as improving the feedback mechanisms.

Many components of the "Bodhi 2.0" vision are long-term, and rely on a
plethora of other pieces to fall into place, such as
python-fedora+fas-openid, koji+mash, taskotron, depcheck-mk-2, and so
on. Other pieces of the puzzle can be implemented and deployed
incrementally within the current tools now.

My focus lately has been around the releng/infra side of the updates
process, but for a feature that would make things 'immeasurably better'
(even though I think it would actually be measurable :P), I'd be happy
to shift gears to the QA/frontend side of things to help get it done
sooner rather than later.

As far as I can tell, you sent some ideas to a mailing list a few years
ago about it, and then Mathieu started a prototype. I can't find any
RFEs filed for it, so I'll create one and see what I can do about
getting the existing prototype polished and integrated for testing.

luke