Environment and Stacks PRD

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 14:34:46 UTC 2014

On 01/21/2014 10:03 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Marcela Mašláňová (mmaslano at redhat.com) said:
>> Environment and Stacks Working Group approved the first version of
>> PRD. Feel free to comment what is missing or what should be altered.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Product_Requirements_Document
>
> I don't see anything necessarily bad in what's written here, but the document
> seems to jump very quickly from the Vision statement into an itemized list
> of what appear to be work items, without an overarching framework or story
> linking the two. (Maybe moving the user stories up helps here, maybe not.)
> It seems hard to measure success against the vision for the group, as
> opposed to just measuring the success as 'implemented task/goal X'.
>
> Also, while it says that "[t]his document does not dictate implementation
> details", the tasks and goals section does go into the weeds, especially in
> the SCL & DevAssistant sections.
>
> Bill

It's not real PRD, because this WG won't create a real product. List of
tasks is based partly on user stories, partly on what we thought might
improve Fedora for developers.
We reached consensus on this version of document, I guess we could
review your comments and add them on our next meeting.

Personally, I missed input from other WGs. For example I heard Cloud WG
might use Ruby collections, but doest it really happen? Maybe we can
plan after review of other WGs, what should be our main objectives.

Marcela