Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:47:37 UTC 2014

On 22 January 2014 12:09, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a long way from what I'd like to see, but it's going up at about 1% per
> month, which is encouraging.

Replying to my own email, apologies. I've now gone through the entire
list of applications-in-fedora-without-appdata. A *lot* of those
applications haven't seen an upstream release in half a decade, some
over a decade. I would estimate that 40% of all the apps in Fedora are
dead or semi-dead upstream. Excluding the KDE/XFCE/LXDE applications,
I'd say we had a 70% completion of the applications I'd like to see in
the software center. I've filed a lot of upstream bugs in the last two
hours, so hopefully that's another few percent sorted.

Richard