Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 23 10:12:11 UTC 2014

Am 23.01.2014 10:23, schrieb J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson:
> "A*lot* of those applications haven't seen an upstream release
> in half a decade" Which poses security risk and bugs not being dealt
> and bad end user experience if our end user base chooses to install it

have you ever considered software as done and no known bugs?

> ( because if they were actually being maintained here with us those fixes
> would have found it's way upstream and new releases been made right ).
>
> But clearly you dont understand that

maybe you do not understand that there is no golden rule
to fix bugs and release updates for no reason

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/sound/mp3-utils/mp3info/

upstream may dead, upstream my be alive but nothing to do
the software does what it is expected to do
so why should there be a new release?

not every software developer makes changes for the sake of the change