Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:13:37 UTC 2014

On 23 January 2014 10:12, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> have you ever considered software as done and no known bugs?

Okay, I'll bite.

> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/sound/mp3-utils/mp3info/
> upstream may dead, upstream my be alive but nothing to do
> the software does what it is expected to do
> so why should there be a new release?

>From the README of mp3info-0.8.5a.tgz:

---
TO DO
=====

* ID3v2 support is the most often-requested feature and is badly needed,
  however this will entail an almost complete rewrite and I'm a lazy SOB,
  so it's going to be a while yet...  Anybody wanna volunteer?
---

So, a command line program for getting info from an MP3 that doesn't
support ID3v2, which is a 16 year old protocol that basically every CD
ripping program defaults to? I'm not sure that supports your argument
much.

Richard