Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:21:42 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> On 01/23/2014 05:06 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> That doesn't answer the question.  You keep using the word "we".  Who is
>> we?
>>

> We in quality assurance if you want us to come up with an official respond
> regarding inactively maintained packages I can put it on the meeting agenda.

Sure.  Feel free to do that.  As I have noted before, if you are just
expressing your own opinion,  you need to differentiate between that and
the QA team.   To speak on behalf of the entire team. you need to make sure
there is consensus within that team that your opinion is shared by them.
Bringing it up in a meeting is an excellent way to ensure that.   If the QA
team on the whole believes that packages without an active upstream are a
significant resource drain on them and especially if they have any kind of
metrics confirming this,  we can and should look into ways to mitigating
that problem.  Thanks!

Rahul