Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 23 18:06:16 UTC 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 5:09 AM, David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com> wrote:
> And at what point does package become
> unmaintained?

It seems self evident that it's at least insufficiently maintained, if it doesn't meet the long description requirement to appear in software center. I don't know how else you expect this to work.

> What I wanted to point out is that forced removal
> of packages _is not_ going to guarantee more packager's attention to
> the rest of the distribution.

Is there a reading comprehension problem in this thread? I don't recall seeing any suggestion that packages will be removed, let alone with force. They simply won't appear in software center if they don't meet the requirements for appearing in software center.

Chris Murphy