Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 18:18:29 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 06:09 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I don't agree with the premise at all and therefore unsurprising I
> don't agree with this conclusion.  In any case, I sincerely doubt you
> will get even a single person other than yourself to agree with this
> proposal but feel free to try filing a ticket with the QA team.

Oh I see you apparently have no idea what we in the QA community do but
since you dont we dont handle this matters so there is no point for me
to file a ticket it would not lead anywhere , however FESCO does and
last time I knew they where trying to deal with this effectively with
infra ( I have filed ticket about this before as have others )  but as
you can see they are not doing very god job of dealing with it ( last
result lead to them trying to find co-maintainers before removing a
package as you have proposed but as you can see it has lead nowhere )
And this is a manually run process ( which Bill usually runs I think )
which they have in place which must have fallen through the cracks due
the whole .next or wg stuff. ( which is not surprising )

JBG