Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 23 22:54:49 UTC 2014

Am 23.01.2014 23:49, schrieb drago01:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> I can do "gem install foo" or "pip install foo" on current (and past)
>>> fedora releases.
>>> So no the story does not quite end here ;)
>>
>> there is a difference if you *want* do so or *forced* to do so
>> because there is no longer a *single* and consistent package
>> source what is over years and still *THE* greath strength of
>> a linux *distribution*
>
> No one is proposing to force anyone to do anything so stop the FUD please

where in the world do you see FUD?

if a software is packed "the new way" and no longer available in the
classical repos as RPM you are forced to use whatever to install
the package this way instead of a single source like YUM

what about consider the result of changes over the long instead
insinuate someone is spreading FUD with no reason to do so