Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 23:24:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 00:15 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> > I'm sure there's at least a certain amount of low-hanging fruit that
> > no-one would really mind getting rid of
>
> but how make the decisions and who do the work of investigation?

Sure, that's something that would have to get figured out. Presumably
those interested in throwing out packages would be the ones who'd have
to volunteer to do the work, along the time-honoured principles. :)

> the only thing i can imagine is
>
> * does not pass the mass-rebuilds for new releases or dependencies
> * nobody cares to look why

We already throw such packages out - there's a process by which packages
which fail mass rebuilds get orphaned and then retired if no-one fixes
them.

There are packages that haven't been touched in years that continue to
build successfully, though, and at present, they will glide along up
until the point at which they fail a mass rebuild (or their maintainer
actively chooses to retire them).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey