Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 24 09:24:24 UTC 2014

Am 24.01.2014 09:18, schrieb J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson:
> On 01/24/2014 05:50 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
>> But, never deem that 5k components is the best number, comparing to
>> other Linux, we are far away behind. They can be used still at the
>> moment, why do we burden ourselves by the insignificant numbers?
>
> Quantity vs quality 5k - 7k was the number we peeked in contribution and innovation.
>
> We should be able to calculate the number of components we as in distribution actually can manage. We just need to
> agree on average contribute time which could be 2.5 hours a day 5 days of the week or something and how long each
> component distribution task takes, and how many packagers we have and reduce ourselves to exactly that size or
> there about.

please come back to reality

you can't seriously not count things that way because in that average you
have self-made problems like drop-in-replacements of important components
which are not ready and waste *a lot* of time, large packages which need
*a lot* of time and small packages a trained monkey can build and maintain

and what you also don't see is that one of the big time wasters most likely
is maintained by completly different people than the packages where nothing
more than download the tarball and rebuild it ever was needed (postfix as
example needs *zero* maintainance and has nothing to do with the KDE maintainers)

as i went in school i learned that such math will not work