Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 15:01:06 UTC 2014

On 01/24/2014 01:51 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 24 January 2014 13:18, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"<johannbg at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> >So I get to the point I'm trying to see and understand what role do
>> >distribution play in that future for Gnome and why is Gnome contributors
>> >wasting so much time and energy in distribution politics and compatability
>> >as opposed to fully commit to the next step of the evolution and move beyond
>> >distribution in become a distribution of it's own?
> GNOME Software supports more than just installing packages using
> PackageKit. It's designed as an abstraction with plugins so you can
> install web-apps, and in the future we'll be supporting static
> binaries like click and glick2 packages I'm sure. If you're interested
> we're designing all this in the open.

If you got some link to the design(s) that would be fine since all I'm
aware of is what Alexander and Lennart talked about in a bof in guadec
last year but bottom line what I'm interested in to know the direction
Gnome is heading in as well as ultimately what role distribution play in
that direction.

Basically Is Gnome preparing themselves for the tablet generation that
will be stepping out of schools in the next years?

JBG