Shipping package metadata in a package

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 15:44:07 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 15:39, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> BTW. Reminded by this thread, I've added appdata files for the calibre
> package. In the appdata file I have a screenshot:
>   <screenshot type="default" width="1200" height="675">http://in.waw.pl/~zbyszek/calibre/calibre-main-window.png</screenshot>
> but gnome-software doesn't display it, despite displaying the textual
> content of the appdata file just fine. appdata-validate also doesn't complain.
> AFAICT, there's nothing wrong with this picture, the download works, etc.
> Any pointers?

GNOME in Fedora 20 only displays the description, the UI for
downloading screenshots and thumbnails only came in 3.11 -- if you use
rawhide it should work perfectly. I opened an upstream bug before I
knew you did this; perhaps you could submit the file upstream?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1271974 I really appreciate
the help, thanks.

Richard