Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 23:29:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 22:36 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Good point. Raises the question why an update that links so many bugzilla
> tickets can be marked stable automatically after a +3, which may be even
> about a single bz ticket.

Because that's how the maintainer configured it. (It is also the default
configuration, of course, but no-one is obliged to accept the default
configuration).

In Fedora we effectively define a *baseline* requirement for updates of
various types to go from testing to stable, and beyond that, we grant to
maintainers the power to choose the policy that will apply to their
updates (and, therefore, the responsibility to choose wisely).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey