Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 03:13:23 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 20:13, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 24.01.2014 19:31, schrieb Reindl Harald:

>>and try the however named option, keep
>> in mind some people own only one machine and can't google for help
>
> I doubt that. Most people do have multiple ways to access the internet
> (multiple computers, tablets, phones, game consoles ...) it is 2014
> not 1996.

Most well-off people in Europe and North America. Even then it's not
necessarily particularly convenient, and if net access on a machine
with a problem isn't available then you have further issues if files
are needed.
Beside, even given I have a laptop and a desktop machine, if I'm
running Fedora on both and an update breaks something in a way that
isn't immediately obvious then both could get hit. And looking up
technical instructions on a phone is pretty tedious.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk