Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jan 25 11:58:40 UTC 2014

Hi!

On 23.01.2014 22:45, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 19:03 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> wikipedia page. Further: kororaproject.org, fedorautils-installer and
>> similar project show that there are people that want to make Fedora
>> better. But they do their work outside of Fedora and RPM Fusion;
>> fixing the issues directly at the root would be better for all of us.
> Those particular examples are very bad examples because they are doing
> things Fedora explicitly chooses not to do, [...]

See my reply in
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/194581.html
as that hopefully better explains what I had up in my mind.

> [...]
> And the lead Korora dev is an active Fedora contributor.

I know, but for me Korora, fedorautils-installer, and similar things are
a sign that some problems in Fedora and RPM Fusion get circumvented in
to many layers instead of being solved at their root. It reminds me of a
kernel enhancement that is maintained outside of the Linux kernel: they
often solve real problems and some users love them, but it's better for
everyone to get a proper solution upstream, as that's the way to reach
the masses and make things "simply work".

Cu
knurd