RFC - Downgrade BlueZ to v4.101 in Fedora 20

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 25 16:24:24 UTC 2014

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>  From the BlueZ 5.0 release notes:
>
> "Remove internal support for telephony (HFP and HSP) profiles. They
> should be implemented using the new Profile interface preferably by the
> telephony subsystem of choice (e.g. oFono which already supports this)"
>
> For Fedora this means PulseAudio.

This is a recurring problem in Fedora: Developers of software X think that
feature Z is better done in software Y and happily remove Z from X, often
without even talking to the developers of Y, and always without waiting for
Y to actually implement the feature. In some cases, it is not even clear
whether Z can be implemented properly (i.e., to the extent it was in X) in
Y, I don't know whether that's the case here or whether it's just a matter
of time.

Features MUST NOT get removed without a working replacement!

        Kevin Kofler