RFC - Downgrade BlueZ to v4.101 in Fedora 20

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Jan 25 16:40:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 01:33:07AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> David Sommerseth wrote:
> > So, I wonder if it can be considered to enable a "downgrade path" for
> > bluez and depending packages, as described in the "Contingency Plan":
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Bluez5>
>
> Officially downgrading BlueZ from 5 to 4 in a shipped release is totally
> impractical. It just cannot be done realistically. (Contingency plans are
> only intended to be enacted BEFORE the release.)

  I think we need to to upgrade PulseAudio to 5.0. That version, with
bluetooth audio A2DP support, is currently at ”Release Candidate” stage:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-January/019858.html

  Such upgrade in stable release need to be done carefuly with above-standard
amount of testing.  But I think it's the only viable way.
  Additionaly, F20 is going to be our longer supported release. Thanks to
fedora.next movement, we won't have F21 in usual time, but much, much later.
This means we need to treat F20 bugs with more care, as there won't be
fixed release in 6 months.

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   one blends softly casual into the other.