Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 26 07:54:54 UTC 2014

On 25.01.2014 17:35, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 11:20 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Debian, who has a similar stance on
>> non-free Software, does a way better job in that area than Fedora does.
> Well, not really - they don't have a 'similar stance', they have an
> official non-free repository. That's kind of a significant
> difference. :)

Ha, Debian and Fedora, the distributions, are imo not that different
after a standard install (but yes, there are differences as well -
patents strategy, Firmware). But yes, you are right, the Debian project
has a a official non-free repository, which is a significant difference
to the Fedora project. One that leads to a better user experience;
something that afics a lot of Fedora users and some Fedoraproject
developers want to see as well. That's why I think it would be good if
the the Fedora project might help/guide in that are, even if the
resulting repo and the main work is done outside of the Fedora project.

CU
knurd