Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Jan 26 11:26:55 UTC 2014

On 01/26/2014 12:18 PM, Heiko Adams wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 26.01.2014, 12:14 +0100 schrieb Lars E. Pettersson:
>> Would it not be better to have a 'software center' that includes ALL
>> software available, be they GUI related or not? Probably based on
>> rpm-packages, as that is what our system ultimately relies on. A GUI to
>> handle ALL software available would be better, than one only installing
>> GUI-related software, in my opinion.
>>
> We already got such a software but its no more installed by default:
> gnome-packagekit-installer

Why is it not installed by default? Users will normally look for GUIs
for installing software nowadays, so if
gnome-packagekit-installer/gpk-application complements 'software center'
by being a GUI based installer including non-gui packages for install,
it should perhaps be installed by default

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/