Snapshotting for rollback after updates was[ Re: Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350]

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 27 00:32:42 UTC 2014

On Jan 26, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 27.01.2014 01:18, schrieb Chris Murphy:

>>> are you drunken?
>>
>> I haven't had anything to drink in 24+ hours, but this seems off topic.
>>>
>>> i have *not* requested any method of rollback
>>
>> You gave several examples of rollback-snapshot methods - same thing as you suggested them. I never said you requested them
>
> oh my god - i gave several examples *what could be dangerous* in doing that
> i *never* ever suggested them
> please re-read the thread and then come back with an excuse

"suggested them" can mean two things in English: you recommend them, or they are examples. I mean the 2nd case. I understand that you were not ever recommending your examples. You were suggesting them as examples why snapshots in general are bad.

The problem is that your examples are crap. They're bad examples because they would break the system, therefore no one would actually do snapshots-rollbacks per your examples, unless they wanted to blow up their system.

Chris Murphy