Source string contextualization

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 07:04:10 UTC 2014

Hi Nilamdyuti,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Nilamdyuti Goswami <ngoswami at redhat.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While translating some of the fedora packages we often come across some
> source strings whose context or meaning is not clear. This results in wrong
> translations which is discovered later while using the actual application.
> This in turn effects the concerned application.
>
> To solve this issue, we have formed a Fedora SIG named "Source String
> Contextualizing Group" [1] aimed at
> providing concise yet meaningful description of the concerned source
> strings in the source code itself to ensure the correctness and quality in
> the resulting translations.

I see iok project have many locales available for translations in iok
package so maybe you people can help in improving source translation
strings by providing patches in bugzilla or upstream tracker. This is
really helpful to let translators understand the exact context of the
source string. This will help to have more accurate translations.

Regards,
Parag.