Firefox Gtk3 test package

Maros Zatko mzatko at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 09:59:30 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 12:54 PM, Martin Stransky wrote:
> On 01/14/2014 07:12 PM, Maros Zatko wrote:
>> On 01/14/2014 03:38 PM, H. Guémar wrote:
>>> What's the point ?
>> Personally, it's mainly about not throwing gnome 3 HIG at people.
>>> There's absolutely no benefit in keeping Gtk+2 longer.
>>> Gtk+ 2.24.0 has been released 3 years ago (january, 2011) and is only
>>> receiving bugfix due to existing apps who didn't move to Gtk+3.
>> Oh yes, Wayland.
>>> By migrating more apps, we can drop Gtk+ 2.24 (at least from images),
>>> firefox is one of the major application that prevents us to do so.
>>>
>>> H.
>>>

>> Is it possible to keep current gtk 2 face as a different
>> plugin/frontend?
>
> No, but we can keep config flags for that in firefox.spec so you can
> build your own package at copr. But it's realy a long term issue, a
> first Firefox with Gtk3 support is Firefox 29.
>
> ma.
My question was if GTK2 face is going to be still available at least at
the source level. (I know it's possible, since FF has different faces
for win, osx and gtk.) Or you're going to "migrate" gtk2 face to gtk3
(and completely obfuscate any attempt to use the older one; the same
thing as we've seen with gnome 2.x related applications)?

thx,
m.