Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 28 17:55:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:44:34AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > And that's reasonable. But as we have defined Fedora server as "not
> > > anything in particular", that drifts closer and closer to "not a
> > > thing". That leaves define release criteria -- let alone blockers.
> > Why do you think we in QA are going to be defining release criteria
> > surrounding cloud workstation or server?
> Matthew's sentence does not parse grammatically at all, which makes it
> hard for me to figure out what I'm saying, but he didn't mention 'QA' at
> all.

Yeah, what? I'm not sure if that's lack of coffee or if I can blame my
computer in some way. I think that was supposed to be "That leaves little
room to" or something like that.

As for what I think... I expect the working groups will work with the QA
team experts to define release criteria appropriate for their areas. That's
what the board-approved plan says
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora.next/boardproposal#QA. I didn't
anticipate that being controversial, but if it is in some way, I'm sure we
can figure something out.