Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Robert M. Albrecht lists at romal.de
Tue Jan 28 19:42:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

what is a role? Is database-server a usefull role?

Or would that go more to owncloud-server or joomla-server ...

This would then pull all packages in.

And if Owncloud supports several databases, Fedora should make a choice
and install only one of them. A user which cares so deeply to make a
decision which database he want's will install it manually anyhow.

Fedora is making these choices on other instances: you get x.org and not
wayland. You get gcc and not llvm. You get systemd and not upstart.

cu romal