Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 28 20:19:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:39:32AM +0800, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> > I could have sworn we already had something like this where bodhi would
> > add a link to a wiki page for test plan on a package if that wiki page
> > existed. I can't seem to find it now, so perhaps it was just something
> > we talked about, but never implemented.
> Nope, you're right. :)
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/blob/develop/bodhi/model.py#L191
> For example, the test case pages for the package 'foo' need to be added
> to the 'Category:Package foo test cases' category.

Huh, lookit that. That's great! So I guess my suggestion changes to "make
that more visible".

Also my head is exploding a little bit, because it's yet another case of the
wiki doing a lot of different types of work. I wonder if it would help both
of these things to move the test plans to live in package git (right next to
the future taskotron scripts?

And, while clearly helpful, I think it suffers from a little bit of tl;dr.
Maybe we could embed summaries of each right into the Bodhi page? Ooh,
possibly with checkboxes by each? After the other stuff Adam wants done, of
course. :)

The other thing is that I think that in addition to the per-package test
cases, it would be good to encourage updates to include at least a line
about what is of particular interest to test in _this_ release. Sometimes,
that's the same as the update Details, but not always.