Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 28 21:37:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 01:53:56PM +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> Cool. If I was to take this one step further then, an issue for Fedora
> Jam is we were limited in the customisations the could be made for a
> spin (e.g. defaulting users into certain groups to allow real time
> audio). While there's not enough of the developer base to make it an
> official product would there be a way to slot this into that
> framework?

Yes! Or at least I think so. This isn't worked out yet, but the idea I have
is that spins other than the three initial target products will become
"secondary products", akin to secondary arches. (If we feel like "secondary"
seems too negative, we can come up with another word, but it works with
architectures.) We would correspondingly relax the restriction of
customizations. (I'm going to post about this in the Spins SIG for
discussion.)